Date: 20th February 2019
Time: 12.30 – 17.30
Venue: Hotel Mariott Grand Place, Rue Auguste Orts 3-7/Grand Place, Brussels, 1000 Belgium
The European Christian Political Movement (ECPM) is the only European political party with an explicit Christian profile. To contribute to the wellbeing of the people in Europe, the ECPM united parties and politicians around Christian values to generate political solutions to EU’s key problems. Unlike other European parties, the ECPM focuses on the human being in its relationship to God, other people and the creation. We see this relational thinking as the heart of Christian-democracy.
The manifesto will include priorities for the future MEPs who will represent ECPM in the next European Parliament:
• Promoting the Christian roots of Europe;
• Reforming the EU, Focus on Community instead of Union;
• Priority for Family based on a marriage between one man and one woman
• Protecting Human Dignity and promoting pro-life policies.
• Fighting Modern Slavery and Human trafficking
• Outward looking foreign policy. Solving problems where they start
• Freedom and Security. Defending external borders of the EU
The manifesto will be introduced by the President of the ECPM and current MEP Branislav Škripek (Slovakia), other MEPs and candidate Marek Jurek (Poland), Peter van Dalen and Bert Jan Ruissen (Netherlands), Arne Gericke (Germany), Jean-Frédéric Poisson (France), Ladislav Ilcic (Croatia) and other prominent members from Spain, Portugal and Malta.
Lunch buffet will be served starting from 12:30. A coffee break will take place at 15:00.
For more information, please contact Lefteris Kaloterakis:
12h30-13h30 Lunch buffet
13h30 - 15h00
- Opening by President of the ECPM
- Campaign presentation + introduction of the Slogan.
- Presentation Manifesto with panel of current MEP's
- Introduction of candidates and signing of the Manifesto
- Press conference.
Coffee Break, time for photo and video moments.
15h30 - 17h30
- Presentation of the new Sallux publication, Strong Nations, Confederate Europe
- How we involve Christian in voting.
- ECPYouth's participation in the campaign.
- Music and closing prayer.