Some time ago, I announced this conference about "Beyond individualism: why Civil Society needs Christian Political Engagement" that will take place on Friday 25 & Saturday 26 November in London, United Kingdom. I received good news from the ECPM office. New speakers have been added recently to the packed program. Many speakers from several political organisations and different denominational backgrounds will contribute to the colloquium & conference, making Beyond Individualism the Christian political event of the year in Britain! Also there is a large response! More than 130 attendants already have registered for this conference. So if you want to participate too, please register soon!! Places are becoming scare so we urge you to book as soon as possible on the Beyond Individualism website. I will of course also be there, so maybe see you in London??
More information about the speakers see also below
Speakers to the ‘Beyond Individualism’ event include:
Friday 25th November
- Phillip Blond, Director of ResPublica and Author of ‘Red Tory: How Left and Right Have Broken Britain and How We Can Fix It’.
- Dan Boucher, Director of Parliamentary Affairs, CARE.
- Alan Craig, Leader, Christian Peoples Alliance.
- Francis Davis, Social entrepreneur, writer and former government advisor.
- Lord Glasman, Director of the Faith and Citizenship Programme and Senior Lecturer in Political Theory at London Metropolitan University.
- Marie Hildingsson, Secretary General of the Federation of Catholic Family Associations in Europe.
- Franck Margain, Vice-President, Parti Chrétien Démocrate, France.
- Professor John Milbank, Professor in Religion, Politics and Ethics, University of Nottingham.
- Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali, President of OXTRAD and former Bishop of Rochester.
- Robert Woollard, County Councillor and Former Chairman, Buckinghamshire County Councillor.
Saturday 26th November
- Os Guinness, Author and social critic.
- Dave Landrum, Director of Advocacy, Evangelical Alliance.
- Eimert van Middelkoop, former Minister of Defence, The Netherlands.
- Andrea Williams, Director of Christian Concern and the Christian Legal Centre.
If you want to read more about the speakers you can go to the following page.
The Beyond Individualism event is co-hosted by Christian Concern and the Christian Peoples Alliance. It also has the support of UK-based organisations, CARE, The Jubilee Centre, The Relationships Foundation and THEOS.
I hope to see you soon in London!